13 candidates apply for eight available seats on the UEFA Executive Committee
The UEFA Executive Committee was today informed of the list of candidates standing for election at the 41st Ordinary UEFA Congress in Helsinki, Finland, on 5 April 2017.
The candidates for eight seats on the UEFA Executive Committee are (in alphabetical order):A total of 13 candidates from UEFA member associations are standing for the eight vacant positions available on the UEFA Executive Committee for a four-year term from 2017 to 2021.
• Zbigniew Boniek (Poland)
• Kairat Boranbayev (Kazakhstan)
• John Delaney (Republic of Ireland)
• Armand Duka (Albania)
• David Gill (England)*
• Reinhard Grindel (Germany)
• Marios N. Lefkaritis (Cyprus)*
• Elkhan Mammadov (Azerbaijan)
• Karl-Erik Nilsson (Sweden)
• Kieran O’Connor (Wales)
• Michele Uva (Italy)
• Michael van Praag (Netherlands)*
• Servet Yardımcı (Turkey)
* standing for re-election
The elections will take place at the 41st Ordinary UEFA Congress, to be held at the Messukeskus Helsinki, Expo and Convention Centre in Helsinki on 5 April 2017.